Questions to ask before starting a business
Take 5 minutes to consider these questions to confirm your business readiness
Before starting a business you need to consider your suitability and whether you’re ready. Start by asking yourself the following questions.
- Are you passionate about your business idea?
- Do you think you are ready to start a business?
- Do you have a support network (family and friends) if needed?
- Have you ever run a business before?
- Have you worked in a similar business or industry before?
- Would you describe yourself as entrepreneurial?
- Do you have the right skills, knowledge and experience to run a business?
- Do you have relevant industry knowledge, experience or qualifications?
- Do you need further training or skills development? If so what?
- Are you good at making decisions?
- Would you describe yourself as resilient?
- Are you good at planning ahead?
- Are you determined and tenacious?
- Do you get along well with people?
- Can you be flexible and responsive when needed?
- Are you open to change and new ways of doing things?
- Have you ever worked as a manager or supervisor?
- Do you know where to find the right people and advice when needed?
- Are you open to learning new things?
- Have you fully researched your idea?
- Do you have the funding or access to funding to start and run a business?
- What will you do if this doesn’t work out?