Are you choosing activities that bring happiness to life and business?
At InJust5 we often refer to our CREEM (Connect, Relax, Evolve, Energise, Maintain) business concept and tools for balancing your business and life, as well as understanding your customers better.
CREEM is a process of identifying activities in a person’s life or business that need to take place (or those to get rid of) to create the business and life you want.
Identifying CREEM activities enables you to focus on positive growth activities (Connect, Relax, Evolve and Energise) and figure out what negative activities (Maintain activities) you need to address.
When you go to use our CREEM tools, you may like to use the following as prompts for identifying your own CREEM activities.
1. Connect – activities where you engage with the community and others
- Social media – personal pages, business pages and groups
- Informal catch-ups, coffees, lunches, dinners
- Personalised notes/cards/gifts
- Phone calls
- Attend networking events
- Host an event
- Online communities and forums
- Join a group of likeminded individuals
- Community events
- Subscriptions to magazines, newsletters, blogs of interest
- Talking to people – striking up conversations with people and strangers you come across in your day-to-day life.
2. Relax – enjoying and rewarding yourself, self-care activities
- Reading a book
- Getting away
- Having a break
- Pampering session
- Go to the movies
- Sit in a park or by the water and watch the world go by
- Treating yourself
- Taking time out
- Going for a walk
- Doing what you like to do to chill out.
3. Evolve – activities that will grow you, your business or life
- Try something new
- Look for a way to do something differently – adapt and be innovative
- Activities to nurture and grow your relationships with your team, loved ones, stakeholders, influencers, customers, suppliers
- Self-growth activities – seminars, events, reading about better understanding yourself, others and the world.
4. Energise – activities that you LOVE doing, that give you energy
- Doing what you LOVE in your business and life
- Your purpose
- Things your passionate about
- Things you’re awesome at and uniquely good at
- What gives you energy?
- Diet and exercise
- Connecting with people that make you feel great.
5. Maintenance – activities that HAVE to be done, that you’d like to delegate or get rid of
- What has to be done to keep things going
- What you HATE doing
- Everyday mundane tasks
- Domestic duties
- Time wasting activities
- Activities that could be avoided or improved with delegation, systems or processes
- Low value activities.